Saint Benedict Shining Light Doll
Product SKU: 850022924613
Meet St. Benedict!
St. Benedict (July 11)
Patron of: civil engineers, farmers, fever, cavers, gall stones, inflammatory diseases, kidney diseases, monks, students, spelunkers, people in religious orders
“He who labors as he prays lifts his heart to God with his hands.”
–St. Benedict of Nursia
St. Benedict of Nursia, who lived in Italy during the 5th and 6th centuries, is considered to be the father of Monasticism in the West. His famous work, the “Rule of St. Benedict” is still used by monasteries all around the world. St. Benedict divided the day into thirds, 8 hours for sleep, 8 hours for prayer, and 8 hours for work. The very popular St. Benedict medal is also considered to be a powerful protector against evil.
St. Benedict is a great Saint to teach children lots of different facets of the Catholic faith. Introduce the story of St. Benedict of Nursia using the educational insert in the box. Children will learn about the concept of Ora et Labora- pray and work- and how the Benedictine monks divide their day. Our St. Benedict toy comes with the St. Benedict medal printed on his back as well- a great opportunity to talk about how God is stronger than evil! Great for opening discussions about prayer, work, sacramentals and religious orders.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!